Besson Sovereign euphoniums are an example of the British mastery of brass manufacturing. Both BE967 and BE968 are fully compensating instruments, and both have benefited from the recent upgrades to all aspects of their production with totally new parts throughout, guaranteeing a quality never before achieved with this most famous of brands.
Several design features ensure the Sovereigns are probably the most free-blowing euphoniums on the market with a clear and powerful sound right throughout its entire range.
The Sovereign BE967 euphonium is the standard large bore instrument of the brass band world. Since the inception of the Sovereign euphonium in 1972, this instrument has led the way with a sound quality that perfectly exemplifies the meaning of the word euphonium itself, 'beautiful sounding', with a cantabile style all of its own.
It has 4 valves with its famous compensating tuning system, 3 water keys, the innovative positionning of the leadpipe away from the bell for a lively response; the improved taper on the mouthpipe for improved intonation are just a few of its notable features. The pedal tones are huge, the best ever, as is the flexibility.
This is an elegant romantic instrument. Its clear centred high register allows the player freedom to "sing" through the instrument.
Bore: .59" (15mm)
Bell diameter: 12" (304mm) upright
Valves: 4 bottom sprung stainless steel
2nd valve finger ring
Water keys: 3 (including 3rd valve slide)
Patented spring damper set
Nickel-silver tuning slides
Nylon Delrin valve guides
Classic bell size
Finishes: laquer or bright silverplate
Supplied outfit, in case with Alliance mouthpiece in leather case and accessories
- Compensating system : Improved intonation in lower register
- Patented spring damper set : Quieter valve action
- Floating leadpipe : Enhanced tone, allows bell to vibrate
- Bottom sprung valves : Faster action
- 2 finger rings : For easy slide removal
- Nickel silver tuning slides : Resists corrosion
- Bell rim rolled and soldered over brass bell wire : Adds strength and protection to bell
- Synthetic rubber water key seals : For a perfect seal
- Water reservoir : Protects clothes from leaking moisture from pistons
- Stainless steel valves : Smooth valve action. No oxidization