The Besson baritone has for years been regarded as the leading top of the range baritone in the world of brass bands.
Its even response and clarity in a variety of articulations is a notable feature, with the 3 valve compensating system delivering matchless tuning throughout its range. It's been seen the choice of leading baritone virtuosi and top band players. It's the sound conductors want to hear from the right side of a brass band, capable of the most thrilling fortissimos and whispering pianissimos.
A compensating horn, the BE955 baritone improves intonation in the lower register. Its 9.5" bell allows for the ultimate in projection and volume. The BE955 baritone has an easy response and valve action, making it a comfortable, free-blowing instrument.
Bore: 13.89mm (.547")
Bell diameter: 241mm (9.5")
Weight: 2.5kg (5lb 8oz)
Valves: 3 bottom sprung stainless steel
3rd valve compensating
Patented silicon rubber spring damper set
Water keys: 2
Finishes: Lacquer or bright silver plate
- Bottom sprung valves : Faster action
- 3rd valve compensating : Improves intonation in lower register
- Patented spring damper set : For quieter valve action
- Water keys with synthetic rubber seals : For a perfect seal
- Delrin valve guides : Quiet action
- Phosphor bronze valve springs : Non-corrosive
- Bell rim rolled and soldered over brass wire : Adds strength and protection to bell
- Precision fitted slides : For fine tuning
- Stainless steel valves : Smooth action and non-corrosive