Besson Sovereign euphoniums are an example of the British mastery of brass manufacturing. Both BE967 and BE968 are fully compensating instruments, and both have benefited from the recent upgrades to all aspects of their production with totally new parts throughout, guaranteeing a quality never before achieved with this most famous of brands.
Several design features ensure the Sovereigns are probably the most free-blowing euphoniums on the market with a clear and powerful sound right throughout its entire range.
The euphonium's lead pipe is not directly soldered to the bell, but is instead connected by a brace, allowing the bell to vibrate more freely. The new valve technology means these silent valves will never miss a beat, and now you have no excuses! It’s ready to play whatever you want!
The BE968 is the same model as BE967 with a larger bell diameter (12").
Bore: .59" (15mm)
Bell diameter: 11.1/4" (284mm) upright
Weight: 4.2kg (9lb 15oz)
Valves: 4 bottom sprung stainless steel
2nd valve finger ring
Water keys: 3 (including 3rd valve slide)
Patented spring damper set
Nickel-silver tuning slides
Nylon Delrin valve guides
Classic bell size
Finishes: lacquer or bright silverplate
Supplied outfit, in case with Alliance mouthpiece in leather case and accessories
- Compensating system : Improved intonation in lower register
- Patented spring damper set : Quieter valve action
- Floating leadpipe : Enhanced tone, allows bell to vibrate
- Bottom sprung valves : Faster action
- 2 finger rings : For ease of tuning
- Nickel silver tuning slides : Resists corrosion
- Bell rim rolled and soldered over brass bell wire : Adds strength and protection to bell
- Synthetic rubber water key seals : For a perfect seal
- Water reservoir : Protects clothes from leaking moisture from pistons
- Stainless steel valves : Smooth valve action. No oxidization