The 2nd Evolution: The Dotted Cord
The Silverstein Ligature was itself an innovative advancement of a classic concept: a minimalist cord-based ligature that liberated the most natural vibrations of the reed. The New Silverstein Ligature takes this concept further. After experimenting with new cord designs and alloys, the Silverstein Ligature has now adapted a cord that has been interspersed with a refined strand – a thinner thread that allows for even less contact and pressure with the reed while maintaining the Ligature’s trademark design and grip.
This makes all the difference. The redesigned cord allows for greater control, a more dynamic sound, and a richer tone. Taking inspiration from all the musicians who strive for perfection, Silverstein Works is relentless in our own pursuit of excellence.
- Strongly improved grip
- Better sound dynamics
- Freer reed vibration allows improved harmonic partials
- Better pitch stability of throat tone
- Improved aesthetics
Even More Harmonic Partials
The improved cord has minimized surface contact with the reed even further, freeing up the reed’s vibrations and enhancing its natural qualities to give you the purest sound possible. The difference can be seen in independent audio laboratory tests that clearly show the more defined harmonic partials of the Silverstein Ligature, indicating a richer, fuller sound.
*As seen in “CASS” Magazine issue 39, No. 2. See more details on our website.
Enhanced Fine Tuners
The New Silverstein Ligature comes with a reengineering of the patented Fine Tuning System. The more robust Fine Tuners change how the ligature responds to the vibrations of the reed, tuning the focus and color of your sound to give you unprecedented control and flexibility. With it, you can adjust your sound to perfectly accentuate the music you play at any time. The New Cryo4 Gold comes with an additional pair of Fine Tuners to give you maximum control over your sound. For other models, you can purchase additional Fine Tuners from our accessory shop.
- Even better control over focus, sound color and tone
- Additional Fine Tuners are now available for separate purchase
New Tension Adjustment Nut
Reduced size with ergonomic design
- Smaller profile
- More comfort and ease in usability
Entirely redesigned cap with flexible fit and lighter material. Protects mouthpiece and reed even when ligature is slant mounted.
- Better fit
- Available for Bass Clarinet
- Protects mouthpiece and reed even when ligature is slant mounted
New Bridge Pad
Re-engineered rubber pad with easy to replace design.
- Better grip for all type of mouthpieces
- Enhanced mouthpiece surface protection
- Longer life
- The sole purpose of the black rubber pads that are found at the bottom of the bridge piece is to prevent possible damage to the mouthpiece. While these pads provide protection, they also absorb sound which can hinder the ligature from its maximum potential. If a minor scratch or dent does not concern you, removing these black rubber pads is recommended for optimal performance.
*Ligature comes with;
- User manual with warranty registration card