For both clarinets and saxophones, this ligature embodies much of the tonal “center” of a good metal ligature, but with the flexibility and freedom that are the hallmark of Rovner Ligatures. Simply put, no other ligature feels this good! The Versa Model offers a great sense of playing confidence derived from the feeling of complete control and accurate, intensely focused intonation. Great sonority reigns in the bottom two-thirds of the low register on both clarinet and saxophone. Notes that normally buzz irritatingly achieve a new level of tonal purity and roundness. Register breaks, up or down, take place with nearly the same ease as movement to adjacent notes. Many reeds that wouldn’t play are instantly turned into great performers. The depth of sound of this ligature reveals how all other ligatures are shallow-sounding. Supplied Complete with Mouthpiece cap.
What’s the basis for this giant leap forward in ligature performance?
- Internal ribbing that floats the ligature body on the mouthpiece
- Very thin stainless steel rails supporting the reed
- New free-floating metal fittings that produce better seating of ligature and reed
- A new Polymer-impregnated, double textured ligature body
- Flaps that can be repositioned and cradle with inserts that can be configured to produce six different tones
- Rewards the player with a big, rich sound
- Complete tonal control
- Accurate intonation through all registers
- Flaps may be arranged asymmetrically to accommodate irregular reeds
- Includes a Rovner™ cap
- Made in the USA!