The Selmer Balanced Action was first introduced in 1935. It represented a significant change in the design and manufacturing of saxophones. Selmer streamlined the feel of the action by placing the bell keys all on the right side of the bell. The responsive action of the lower spatula means the key action is more direct and solid, allowing for a smooth playing action throughout the whole range – a radical and innovative design at the time.
This particular Balanced Action was manufactured in 1937 and is still in good condition, consummate with it’s age.