Yamaha’s YFL-A421 is one of the most sought-after alto flutes in the world. It is characterised by an agile response and precise intonation, but its best feature is its warm, beautiful sound. Yamaha’s unique expertise with the various alloys used in brass instruments led to the discovery that gold-brass (brass with a higher than usual copper content) is the perfect material for optimum tone, weight, and playability of an alto flute. The gold-brass gives a rich sound full of tonal colours, and the flute is much more comfortable to hold and play than traditional alto flutes, being considerably lighter. A model with a curved headjoint is also available YFL-421U G
- Double bladder pads
- Closed hole keys
- E mech, Offset G
- Drawn toneholes
- Gold Brass body & footjoint
- Silver plated nickel silver keywork
- Gold brass headjoint with silver Lip plate (clear lacquered)
- Gold brass construction
- Yamaha’s unique expertise with the various alloys used in brass instruments led to the discovery that gold brass is the perfect material for optimum tone, weight, and playability.
- New Adjustment Screws
- New adjustment screws enhance stability.
- New scale
- Excellent intonation and great response especially in the low register