We offer a choice of delivery options at checkout based on your total order value and our stock locations.
Standard Delivery (3-5 working days after dispatch)
- £3.99 for orders under £50
- FREE for orders of £50 and over
Express Delivery (1-3 working days after dispatch)*
- £6.99 for all orders
Standard Delivery orders under £50 will normally be sent using Royal Mail and will not be tracked. Standard Delivery orders of £50 and over and all Express Orders will be sent by courier (normally UPS), and you will be sent the tracking link by email when your order has been dispatched.
*Please note that the Express Delivery option will only be offered at checkout if the products are in stock in our Edinburgh shop. We do keep a large stock of instruments and accessories in our shop, but we may occasionally ship products to you directly from the manufacturer, in which case you will only be shown the Standard Delivery option at checkout.
We offer FREE Standard Delivery (3-5 working days) to all UK customers on orders of £50 and over.
Northern Ireland and Highlands & Islands Deliveries
We do not charge any more for delivery to Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands & Islands, the Channel Islands & the Isle of Man but please allow an extra day or two for delivery.
European & International Deliveries
Currently, we only offer delivery to the United Kingdom, but we are hoping to offer European and International delivery very soon. If you are looking for an international delivery, please email us at email@example.com with your enquiry.
Click & Collect
We offer a FREE Click & Collect service for customers who would like to collect their orders from our Edinburgh shop. This option will be shown at checkout if the products you have ordered are currently in stock in our shop. We aim to have Click & Collect orders available the next working day after the order is placed, but some orders may be ready same day. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready, so please do not come in to collect your order until you have received this. Please bring your order confirmation number with you along with proof of identity.
Our shop address and opening hours are as follows:
The Wind Section Ltd.
11-13 Cumberland Street
Tel: 0131 557 6543
Monday to Friday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 5.00pm
We want you to be completely happy with your order, but if something’s not quite right, here’s everything you need to know about returning any items to us.
Items ordered online at www.thewindsection.com can be returned within 14 days of receipt but you must contact us first before returning anything. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 557 6543 and one of our team will be happy to help you organise your return.
Please note that any items where hygiene is concerned such as mouthpieces and reeds cannot be returned.
Damaged, Faulty or Incorrectly Supplied Items
Under the Sale of Goods Act, we are happy to replace or refund any damaged, faulty, or incorrectly supplied item right away. Please contact us as soon as possible to let us know what the issue is using the email address or telephone number above and we will arrange to have the item returned to us. You can then choose to have a replacement item sent to you, a shop credit, or a full refund back to your original payment method. We aim to process all refunds within 14 days of receiving returned items.
Changing Your Mind
If an item is not what you expected and you change your mind, then under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling Regulations) 2000, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and Consumer Rights Act 2015, we are happy for you to return any item, but please note the following:
- Before returning any items, you must contact us first via email@example.com or by calling 0131 557 6543 and one of our team will talk you through the returns process.
- You have 14 days from receipt of your order to inform us that you will be returning any items.
- You then have a further 14 days to return the item to us.
- All items must be unused and in the original packaging to be eligible for a full refund. We reserve the right to refuse a return or deduct any reduced value if any items are not in this condition.
- Any items where hygiene is concerned such as mouthpieces and reeds cannot be returned.
- You are responsible for paying your own shipping costs for returning any items to us. If you are shipping a high value item, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance as the item is your responsibility until we receive it.
- The original delivery charge on your order will not be refunded and will be deducted from the amount refunded.
- Once we receive the returned item and it has been fully inspected, a refund will be issued back to your original payment method.
- We aim to process all refunds within 14 days of receiving returned items.
Our Returns Address:
The Wind Section Ltd
11-13 Cumberland Street