If your child has been offered music lessons at school to learn a brass or woodwind instrument, why not take advantage of one of our purchasing or rental options?
Our 3 purchasing/rental options are as follows:
Option 1. Purchase*
Buy a musical instrument outright at our competitive prices.
Option 2. Buy-Back Purchase*
Buy an instrument with the peace of mind that you can return it to us within 4 months of purchase and receive 75% of your money back.
Option 3. Rental
If your child is unsure of their suitability on a particular instrument, why not take advantage of our rental scheme? You can rent a brand new instrument for a 3 month period. At the end of the 3 months either return the instrument to us or ask for a final purchase price. Remember, we only rent new instruments so your child will get the best possible start.
If your child attends a state school and is timetabled each week to learn a musical instrument as part of their weekly lessons, they may qualify to purchase an instrument without paying VAT. Your child's music teacher will give you more information on how the buying process works, but in effect, the school will buy the instrument on your behalf (paying the VAT) then sell it on to you. As the instrument is used as part of their education, the VAT is not chargeable to the parent/carer in this process.
To view or download a copy of our VAT-Free Education Price List, please CLICK HERE
To view or download a copy of our VAT-Inclusive Education Price List, please CLICK HERE
If you would like further information about any of these options or require a written quotation, please contact us and one of our team will be happy to help. You can call us on 0131 557 6543 or email us at email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- To qualify for a VAT-free purchase, your child must be in full-time education and be receiving regular instrumental tuition in a state funded local authority school. Students attending further education establishments or private schools do not qualify.
- A VAT-free purchase cannot be processed unless we receive an official purchase order either from your child’s school or the central education authority delivering the service.
- Instruments should be delivered directly to the school by ourselves.
- All buy-back instruments must be returned in good working order, free from dents or malicious damage to qualify for the 75% refund. Instruments should be returned within 4 months of the date of purchase, otherwise the facility will be withdrawn.
- We require 2 forms of identification when renting an instrument. This may include a driving licence or recent utility bill, showing your current address.
- When purchasing an instrument, we ask that the instrument is either returned or purchased within the 3-month rental period. Instruments returned late may incur a penalty fee.
- Rental instruments are the responsibility of the ‘hirer’ and we request that the instrument is insured during this period (please ask for details). Any damage sustained to the instrument during the rental period will be charged.