John Packer JP245 Alto Saxophone
The JP245 is a well-made Eb Alto Saxophone which, through an extensive period of research and development, has achieved a level of performance usually reserved for instruments much more expensive. This new design JP instrument is solidly built and "has a very positive and crisp action and produces a well balanced spread of sound with a full bodied and defined lower register" (Read the whole Jazzwise Magazine review in the Expert Options tab below). The JP245 has garnered much praise from many experts within in the industry who have described it "extraordinarily good value for money" and as having "excellent Intonation and a dynamic range that is nothing short of remarkable for an instrument at this price point."
The high grade 80:20 brass construction of the JP245 contributes towards it's sound, especially at home within big band horn sections. The instrument also features many high specification elements such as an underslung 8ve mechanism, blue steel springs and a high F# and front F keys. Well crafted, the instrument is durable and robust with a fully ribbed construction and a double spine on B & C. Italian leather pads and resonator pads are equipped as standard.
The JP245 is supplied with everything that is needed to get a new player started including a JP Mouthpiece, lightweight case and starter accessory pack including mouthpiece cap, ligature and JP reed. The case is well designed to be robust yet lightweight and to provide as much protection to your instrument as possible. It is equipped with backpack straps and a comfortable shoulder strap as standard and also includes a small storage pocket accessible from the outside suitable for storing small accessories and sheet music.
- Key: Eb
- Body: High Grade 80:20 Brass
- Keywork: Blue Steel Springs, Resonator pads, Italian leather pads, Floating plate design for little finger (left hand) cluster, Adjustable back stop
- Bell: High Grade 80:20 Brass, Decorative engraving, Fully ribbed construction, Double spine B & C
- Finishes: Lacquer
- Additional features: Adjustable thumb rest, Lyre box
- Supplied with: JP Mouthpiece, Lightweight case, Mouthpiece cap, Ligature, JP Reed, Supportive sling
- Crook: Underslung 8ve mechanism