Legere - French Cut - Alto Saxophone Reed
One Reed per Pack
The French Cut, by Légère Reeds. A refined symphonic reed that gives players a richness and stability in tone, with just the right amount of resistance.
The French Cut’s revamped profile emphasizes an even material distribution but retains a thin tip, providing artists with the ideal mix of quick response and subtle resistance. This design produces a sound that’s rich and resonant, all while catering to the orchestral performer.
Marrying scientific research with a love for reed-making, the creation of the French Cut underwent countless refinements, considering feedback from devoted artists. The aim: a synthetic reed that meets the sonic quality of traditional reeds while maintaining all the advantages of a synthetic reed. Responding to players’ desires, the French Cut stands as a combination of age-old preferences and modern innovation.
The French Cut is an expansion of Légère’s flagship reed series. Using the same advanced material technology featured in our Signature, European, and American Cut reeds, the French Cut now gives players new choices to optimize their tone, resistance, and sound.
How does the French Cut Sound?
• Dark, Centered Tone: Specifically designed to offer a deep and centered sound, allowing for a wide range of sonic expression.
• High Overtone Suppression: Unlike other cuts, the French Cut intentionally suppresses high-frequency overtones, delivering an intense body and depth in its sound.
How to choose the correct strength reed: https://www.legere.com/need-to-know/strength-charts/
Learn how to care for your Legere reed here: https://www.legere.com/need-to-know/caring-for-your-reeds/
About LegereUsing specially engineered and 'oriented' polypropylene to make both single and double reeds, Legere reeds offer a number of incredible benefits to players:
- Legere Reeds never need to be soaked, as they instantly respond right out of the box.
- Legere Reeds are unaffected by weather, temperature, or humidity so they are always consistent, working and sounding just as you expect.
- Legere Reeds offer incredible longevity. Just one reed could last you for months