Powell Sonaré 505 Series Flute
Take your playing to the next level with the Powell Sonaré 505 flute.
Made in the USA, this beautiful instrument features Powell's hand-cut Sterling Silver Signature II Headjoint with a Nickel Silver, Silver Plated Body and Mechanism. Supplied with Split-E, Offset G Key and available with either a B or C footjoint. This model is distinguished by beautiful French Pointed Arm. French Pointed Arms distribute the pressure from the player’s fingers directly to the centre of the key cup, providing a better seal. The 505’s Sterling Silver headjoint comes with a Aurumite 9K Lip plate, known as the K style headjoint.
The flute is supplied with a French style flute case and a soft carry case for added protection and easier transportation.
Powell flutes have been the 'gold standard' of the flute world for more than eight decades. They have been celebrated for their flexibility of colour, ease of response and reliability which is why instruments made in the 1920s are still being played today in some of the world's greatest orchestras. Every flute is is made to exacting specifications by Powell's skilled artisans in Maynard, Massachusetts and crafted to the highest musical performance standard.
- Pitch: A-442
- Tubing Material: Nickel Silver, Silver Plated
- Tubing Thickness: .016"
- Tone hole Type: Drawn only
- Footjoint: Available with either B or C footjoint
- Gizmo: Standard
- Scale: Modern Powell Scale
- Tube Material: Sterling Silver
- Lip Plate Material: Aurumite 9k
- Wall Material: Sterling Silver
- Crown Material: Sterling Silver
- Type: Traditional Pinned Mechanism with Adjustment Screws
- Keywork Material: Nickel Silver, Silver Plated
- G keys: Offset
- Cups: French Cups Only
- Arms: Pointed Arms
- Springs: Elgiloy
- Type: Traditional Felt