Trevor James Signature Custom Alto Saxophone - RAW Finish
Experience the next level of saxophone artistry with the Trevor James Signature Custom Alto Sax.
The award-winning Signature Custom saxophone has been developed following continuous cycles of research, improvement, testing and review with sax players around the world who wanted a genuine vintage sound. Unlike many other makers who simply apply a coloured finish to the instrument to give it the appearance of being old, Trevor James simply preserved the saxophone in its raw manufactured condition and added the mechanism to allow the instrument to resonate freely.
The extraordinary ‘RAW’ model was born in 2012 and was designed for those seeking an authentic vintage sound and an instrument that exudes a beautifully aged aesthetic. The Trevor James Signature Custom RAW saxophones are finished in their raw brass, unlacquered and dip-cleaned state. When we say it’s RAW, we mean it!
The standard 'RAW' model showcases a distinct and captivating dark finish throughout.
- Hand finished crook
- Hand finished tone holes
- Ergonomic keywork with dished table keys
- High quality regulation buffers fitted to main stack keys
- Double arms on low C and C# keys
- Mother of Pearl touchpieces
- Top quality Pisoni leather pads
- Blue needle springs
- High Quality Professional Case
How does it Feel & Sound?
- The professionally designed and hand-finished crook helps to produce a broad and full sound.
- Rounded ergonomic keywork featuring Mother of Pearl touchpieces, blue needle springs and double-arm reinforcement for a positive and responsive key action.
- The developed body design, and professional finishing results in a large, open and versatile sound-palette.
- RAW models balance a vintage sound with the highest modern-day build quality.